Saturday 20 June 2015

Father's Day

I always have mixed emotions about this day. And Mother's Day.

In one sense, it can be fun. And special.

But mostly I think "I love my dad every day."

This year, however, I have very, VERY different emotions about this day.

I see it when I go on Facebook. I think about it when I see pictures. Or when someone's thoughts come out loud. It's in the hearts of my friends and my family.

This Father's Day, not I, but dear loved ones will hurt. They are without a father, they are a father to one less. There will be loud reminders from every corner in the world to them, that they are in grief. That this day is missing something.

The cycle is always going, and now the hard hurt comes around. Floods of thoughts, memories, moments, and the darkest life changing moment ever. These days of incredible joy and celebration turn into the longest and hardest of days.

The questions don't really stop. But neither does His grace. He says "Blessed are those who mourn." He says "My grace is sufficient for you." He says "As your days, so shall your strength be." He says "All things work together for good."

Because, He is our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment