Friday 12 February 2016

As the World Goes 'Round

I have yet to read Charles Dickens' Little Dorrit, but I have seen BBC's mini-series on the novel and quite love the story. There is a line in the TV series that I am not certain is in the book, but I still love its meaning: "As the world goes 'round, so it comes 'round again."


As I was just heading into a week of difficult shifts, I had to keep reminding myself that it always goes, and it always comes, over and over. That nothing bad comes without eventually leaving again, and the good things are not out of sight forever. And if you're in a hard spot, don't start running. Because sometimes you are on the bottom of the earth, but you need to stay put in order to come out on the top again. The world is always turning. You'll never be on the bottom forever.


The bad news is nothing lasts forever. The good news is nothing lasts forever. But God is always good. And glory be, He is our God.

2 comments: