Tuesday 12 February 2013

Thoughts

I only have about a hundred things I want to blog about, but I only have about an ounce of motive to do so. I could blog every day if I would just be content with posting a picture or some other link, and then writing a note or two about it. But I would not be content with that... obviously.

I love writing, I really do. I love putting all my thoughts out in words in front of my eyes, and I like to share them. If they are funny or thoughtful I like to blog them, if they are exciting I like to Facebook them, if they are sad I like to write a letter or an email, and if they are personal I email my mom. If I can't tell anyone I journal it, and if they are so deep I can't even express them in words, I pray them to my Heavenly Father.

Maybe this summer when I no longer have a seemingly infinite pile of homework always before me, and a few spare hours to think about writing on something not assigned, I will blog a bit more.

*sigh* Summer, I love you and I miss you. I can only handle snow for about a month around Christmas, and then I am ready for spring. People think I am crazy for loving a good down pour in February, but melting snow is perhaps the most exhilarating sight I will ever behold. I love bare feet in green grass, reading outside in the sunshine, ice cream on a hot day, or swimming with friends after working a sweat. Oh, and my birthday, it's in July. J

I guess the thing I can appreciate about winter is that it makes me love spring more, I can get through winter looking forward to something; as Anne Shirley said, half the fun is looking forward to it. These are the good days, the days when there is something to look forward to, the days you know will soon come to an end, the hard days that help you to love and grow.

So I shall thank God for the darker, colder days which make the sunny days appear that much more bright and warm. I shall find joy in the times when happiness is hard to see, because I know it will not last forever.

And because there is always home. ♥ I'll be seeing you in four days. J


Well, that wasn't exactly one of the hundred things I wanted to blog about, but I did discover some motive. I guess I just need to keep exercising it.

~ Lauren Jane

1 comment: