Thursday 15 August 2013

new things

So I figured I had better blog about something, and soon. Lists make it easy, so I thought maybe a list of some new facts about myself would do. Let's see how long this takes.

1. I am now of legal drinking age. This failed however when I tried to purchase a bottle of wine as a gift for someone but had some friends with me who did not have their ID with them... and I was quite apparently not their mother.

2. I went to the first ARP youth rally held in the Annapolis Happy Valley.

3. I have braces... and a jaw spreader. Yuck.

4. This will be the first August since I was 13 that I will not be going to camp. Sad things happen.

5. I am related to some pretty crazy and amazing people.

6. I am unrelated to some pretty crazy and amazing people.

7. I decided that I may actually be undecided about a future career choice.

8. I am reading a book written by someone who has read my mind. Not really. Grace for the Good Girl - I highly recommend it.

9. I own a Canon T2i. I am glad about that.

10. I like writing short sentences. They state facts. Like this.

11. I have learned that I can't capture every good moment through the lens. But I still try. So I guess I didn't learn anything.

12. I have also learned that this very process of learning never ends. We always learn. We always want to really know the answer. But guess what, it's not the answer. It's a piece of the puzzle. And there is only one thing to really know about that puzzle; it will take a lifetime to finish it.

13. This is the first September in 13 years in which I will not have any school.

14. I stumble. A lot.

15. I am rescued. Every time.

16. I am trying to think of something profound and quote-worthy to end on but can only come up with this: Amazing Grace. It's always there, but it is always anew.

17. I just thought of something for a new blog post.

18. I just thought of something for two new blog posts.

19. I should stop now.

I didn't time that, but my computer is now overheated, supper is now ready and I'm now hungry. None of those things were before.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are liking the book! Also...you have braces?! Also - that first item on the list is really funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book, thanks for recommending it! :) Yes... braces :(

      Delete