Saturday 31 January 2015

little (big) adventures

With all of these "quotes" going on, I realized I don't blog 'for fun' anymore.

Not that this is a chore... ;)

And then I realized I had a very good reason to break the trend.

You see, there were once three young ladies. Two attending college, and one who had suddenly disappeared to a beautiful island and decided to stay and work in a downtown deli and get the most adorable little studio apartment one could wish for and live downtown Charlottetown where all the quaint coffee shops are.

And make me miss her quite terribly.

So we just had to fix this, you see.

But deep down, the pessimistic side of me was convinced it would never come true.

But it did.

And I love single lines in a blog post.

Like this.

See?

And my web browser says 'blog' is not a word.

So with many a prayer that the weather would be brilliant, we packed up and hopped on the highway and just did it.


No regrets. Not a one.

We had the largest tea menu to pick from and the smallest floor space imaginable. We talked about the best milk brands and the cutest hockey players. We walked around town and took selfies with a selfie stick and tree lights and John A. MacDonald.


We stayed up way too late with The Importance of Being Earnest, slept in and had sugar for breakfast. And coffee, of course. Two, if you count the vanilla latte made by Duncan.

We took a drive and prayed we would not get stuck because we wanted to see camp so bad. And we made it. And took more selfies at the snow covered camp ground. How somber.



Then, we went shopping. Of course. And we'll never forget that 47 cent dress. Or how many times we lost each other.

For supper, we had no idea. None whatsoever. Too scared to read Italian and too picky to get delivery. And too needy to not go to the drug store for more tortilla chips because that guacamole was so yummy.

And we watched hockey. #NHLAllStars


#selfiestick #marshmallow 

Then it was Sunday. I think a weekend hangout would be so incomplete if we ended it on Saturday. On Sunday, we have the privilege of going to worship together. Sweet, sweet communion would be so empty without this day.

But then, it was over. Except my keys decided we needed another 20 minutes together in panic mode when they snuck into my already rolled up sleeping bag. I still don't really know...


And so, I had to hand back the parking pass that never stayed on my mirror anyways. We rolled through the hills and over the windy bridge...

'Til we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. I really did disappear, I'm sorry about that. This was such a magical adventure! Love you guys so much! #shouldwepray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your selfie stick!!!

    It sounds like a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete