Monday 9 June 2014

Laziness

Been thinking about it a lot lately. It's danger. It's opposite.

I have recently come out of a five month stretch of doing... nothing. Well, it felt like nothing. And there's nothing worse than nothing.

Now I have a job. Full hours. Hard hours. Good days. A few months ago, I didn't even want to work. I didn't really want a summer job. I thought I would just pick berries and babysit and hope I would get a good job as soon as I was done college. That would've been easy street for me. And I have learned that it's usually easy street that has a dead end.

Thankfully, I have parents who do know what's best, and love me and push me to do it. I did not want to, but by grace I did and now I am beyond thankful that I did and that they did.

And then I began thinking and comparing the now to the nothing. It's easy to sit around all day on Pinterest and Facebook and just do the dishes and maybe clean the house and read. But at the end of the day? That's hard, and that's the dead end I kept running in to. I was in a rut, and it's hard to get out, and nearly impossible to do so alone. But once you are out, you know there would be nothing worse than to fall back in. But it's not easy. You have to be strong, and humble, seeking the help from others and God on High. And you can't be lazy.

You can't be lazy in your devotions. Or you will lose the appetite.

You can't be lazy in your friendships. Or you will get bitter.

You can't be lazy in the church. Or you will fall into pride.

You can't be lazy in thankfulness. Or you will despair.

Did I say it's hard? I am not even twenty years old and I think it's hard. And I think it will only get harder. And I know I will only get stronger. And that His grace is sufficient.

~

Oh. And happs to my little bro on turning 18 today. Thanks for waxing my car. :)

1 comment:

  1. I know this feeling.
    3 weeks ago I wanted to do nothing and just try and find the best job ever and I really had no plan. And now here I am, in another province, working at a place that makes me happy and just being happy. (of course drinking tea and reading the Bible on the waterfront everyday is helping immensely.) But of course I miss you tons and tons

    ReplyDelete