Tuesday 21 October 2014

Thank Him




Um. Wow.

So, what are you really, really truly grateful for?

Cause, well if you aren't thankful for it, you won't care if it's taken away, right?

Ah ha! Gotcha, didn't I?

I feel like I am talking to a five year old.

But then, isn't that we are, in God's sight? Poor, weak, silly, ungrateful children. Like children, we never stop to think just how dependent we are. Like children, we forget to thank because we are so focused on grabbing what is being given to us. Like children, we fight over what isn't even ours. Like children, we are so apt to claim possession on things that have been given to us, as if we were the ones who by our own strengths and means obtained it. And like children, we think we deserve it.

Really, though. As children, we have no strength and no means to provide for ourselves. We are unworthy, we are undeserving, and we are so very ungrateful.

Oh. But as children, we have a Father. We are loved. Unworthily so; unto death even. What gift have we not been given?

Can you tell me this?

What are you in need of that our Heavenly Father has not provided? What has He provided that you are not even in need of?

And then, what do you thank Him for?

Can you tell me this?

I can't.

For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find. 

4 comments:

  1. This is great. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from a mutual friends' 'blog and I am enjoying it immensely. At this point of my spiritual walk, I need your words more than ever! Thank you for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

      Delete