Tuesday 28 October 2014

wise old owl




I remember the day my mom taught me this one. I remember the exact location.

And it's stuck with me ever since.

But I can't say it's sunk in ever since.

*guilty look

*that's so cliché

*I dislike clichés

*strongly

***

Again, wisdom. A whole book of the Bible on it. Wow.

I used to think that to be silent made me wise. But wisdom doesn't stem from silence. Silence stems from wisdom. First you gain wisdom (note: slight conundrum here. Is it wise to gain wisdom? Are you wise to become wise? Or is there another step before that? Grace, maybe?), then you learn how little you really are and how much you have yet to learn. And do we learn when we are the ones talking? Rarely.

I don't want to go too much further with this because I have more than one pin on the subject.

And if I keep on talking, I won't be wise.

Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment