Monday 30 September 2013

growin' up

Wonderful things happen when you grow up.

Like this.



But in the same token, it's sad. Bitter sweet I should say. 

Yes, my big brother is on his way to his dream, but it's not really a dream without teary good byes, or worry-filled nights, or long distance phone calls to make sure he arrived safely. 

I don't want our family to live 24 hour drives apart, or even in different provinces. I don't want us to grow up. Ever. 

But that is exactly how our family started. My mom moved away; far, far away from home at just 18. She worked for my dad's dad. She met my dad wearing a toque while eating his cereal. She married him anyways and didn't take very good care of his red car. So they sold it. And had big brother, middle me, and little brother. 

I can't not wish this on anyone. It's wonderful. It's beautiful. 

So even though it's hard seeing wings spread and take flight, I wouldn't be here if my mom didn't do it. Even though it's hard, it can bring about something wonderful. I just can't wait to get past the hard and get to the wonderful.  

And then other things happen when you grow up. 

Like this. 


But those are other worried-filled nights that I'll get into later.

No comments:

Post a Comment