Tuesday 24 September 2013

to blog or not to blog

You know you need to work on something when you know it yourself and then someone tells you to. I knew I needed to blog more, but then someone told me so.

And it doesn't help that I have about a thousand drafts that are forever old and I can't really even remember what they are supposed to be about.

Actually it's about four drafts not even two months old and I think I really just lost interest in what I was writing about at that moment.

While I do feel like I should blog more, I know that this is supposed to be a thing of leisure. Blog about whatever, whenever. No pressure. Right? Right. Not.

There is one blog I read where the sole writer posts nearly every day, writes more than a few paragraphs, and almost always makes me laugh or think or cry.

I can tell you right now I have no hope nor desire to aspire to that, but I do intend to pick up the slack around here and get blogging.

I think. Oh dear...

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs, Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good decision. And when I read your blogs I imagine them in your voice, just like that book by Dr. Short that I couldn't help but hear his voice when I was reading it. It reminds me of good times. :)

    ReplyDelete