Friday 29 November 2013

Five Minute Friday: Sarcasm

NOTE: I composed this a week ago but couldn't post it due to lack of internet service. I don't really know why you need to know that.

Okay. This one I'm writing on the road.  My Dad is driving, it's getting dark outside, and we have our favourite song playing.

My mom told me I should write something on sarcasm. Lets just say it's something I'm good at in a bad way.

I realized it's not really sarcasm that's the problem, it's the attitude that usually comes with it. Sometimes sarcasm can be funny if presented in a completely joking tone. But often enough it comes out as just plain old meanness and pride. I realized that quite often when I use sarcasm it's because I know better and why don't they? Or why weren't they just paying attention in the first place?

But guess what, Lauren.

You're not perfect either. Sometimes I can't pay attention or couldn't know better to save my life.  Sometimes I'm the one who should have sarcasm spat out at me but oh so often I get love and grace.

Maybe that's because I need so much help I am pitied.

And that's it.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment