Friday 1 November 2013

Five Minute Friday: This World

I'm writing this on my break. At work. On my iPod. This is my first time and I'm not sure how I'll do, but here we go.

I work in an environment that's all about speed and perfection, for the customers. It doesn't really matter if a coworker is about to faint or go crazy or if I'm getting claustrophobic in my little corner pouring coffee. Those customers need to get their order. Enough said.

It's a sad sad thing. People going crazy over a cup of coffee. Sometimes I just wish we would all just stop and think of how pathetic it really is.

And then I think of it Scripture based. What if we all were of the mindset that this life is so short. That cup of coffee is so little and so unimportant compared to eternal life and the joys of Heaven.

We all need to keep that in mind; and always. The good things in this world can't be compared to the good in Heaven. Like C. S. Lewis wrote in The Last Battle: the sweetest wild strawberry was sour.

Lets remember that. The smallness of this world's 'bigness' in comparison to the greatness of Heaven.

Over and out.

Actually back to work.

1 comment: