Saturday 29 December 2012

a combination of Christmas thoughts

I have to write a 2000-2500 word essay on Christmas for my final writing paper. At first I thought I would write about the history of Christmas and how we are to keep Christ in mind as we celebrate, and I still am going to write about that, but something else too.

We should always be celebrating Christmas. Christmas is forever now - because Christ is always with us. 

We save Christmas hymns for church services in December, but we should always be singing glory to the new born King. I look over at the tree, and the star on top and think "the wise men still seek him". A little angel dangling on a low branch; do we continue to worship him as they did on that night? I see JOY in a window, is that a reminder, or is it just a part of the season as well?

I love Christmas, I really do, and I know it would be hard for me not to have Christmas. I could live without presents, and the turkey dinner, but our family time, not. I know I will have to let go of that someday, but hopefully I will be able to start traditions of my own when that happens.

Wow, 2013 is just days away. Seriously, where has the time gone? 

2 comments: