Tuesday 4 December 2012

Day One

Day 1: Bible verse of the day

I read a lot of blogs in the run of a day, and most of them quote a Bible verse or two. I went with this verse that I read on girl talk at lunch break.

Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."

I've been thinking about this verse for a while now, and realizing the implications in effect. I never really realized what I been trained to do, until I am told differently. You don't go about aware of what you are if you have been like that all of your life.

I have also begun to realize that you don't become something in a moment; and then when you do become something, you probably won't notice it. It's called growing, it's called sanctification, and you won't get any further ahead in it than God intends you to. There is nothing wrong with desiring to become more generous, or discerning, or thoughtful, just don't be ungrateful for where you are at in your spiritual growth at the present. I am not excusing those who don't try, but try trusting that God will bring you to where you need to be, when you need to be there. Contentment is key in spiritual growth, if you are anxious about your spiritual growth, you should question the root of your motives.

I believe I went far too off topic with that one. I think I also may have used up an option for day five. Oh well, I've learned lots of things, the well is far from dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment